Sunday, July 10, 2011

Starbucks Bottled Mocha Frappuccino Recipe

ELT200708220704361562871

I love these drinks! I want to have one everyday, but at $1 a drink it could get really expensive. So I googled a recipe for the Mocha Frappes and came across this one:

Fills 6 9-oz Starbucks Frappuccino bottles

Ingredients
3 ½ cups espresso coffee*
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
4 cups milk (whole milk is best)
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking cocoa

Directions
Make espresso coffee. Mix coffee, still hot, sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, and sugar in your mixer until sugar is dissolved. Add milk and continue mixing, about one minute. Pour mix into individual 9.5-oz Starbucks Frappuccino bottles. Store in fridge until ready to use (Note: Do not store any longer than you would milk).

*May use regular coffee that has been run through the coffee maker twice, or add 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules to regular coffee.

I made it last night so I could enjoy a frappe this morning and it tastes exactly like the Starbucks drinks! I also didn’t have any espresso coffee, so I just ran regular coffee thru the maker twice.

I might have to buy the SB bottled drinks another time just so I can have bottles to refill :)

No comments: