Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cluck Cluck

Our little Calvin had the chicken pox last week!  He was exposed to them at the night of our MOPS & POPS Vday dinner, but they didn’t show up until last Monday (the last day we were in Houston I might add).  And I did fly with him…oops…there weren’t any other kiddos on that flight, so hopefully no one got sick from him :)

All in all he was pretty good with his poxes, just needed a little more snuggle time, which was ok by me!  He never snuggles with me these days.

He only had about 40 spots, mostly on his head and diaper area.  I think it worked out him getting them so young b/c he didn’t really know they were itchy or how to scratch them, so he didn’t even notice it really.  We gave him 3 oatmeal baths to ease some of the discomfort and some motrin about 3 times, but that was it.

Now he just has the little crusty spots waiting to heal :)

Chicken Pox 01Chicken Pox 02Chicken Pox 03Chicken Pox 04

2 comments:

Lloyd said...

Thanks for the laugh! Poppy has been sick with flu and seeing my little buddy twirl and go under water made me laugh...and start a coughing spasm...

Trix said...

Gotta love our poxey Cal!!!