Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New Favorite

I guess you can say that I’m my father’s daughter because I am obsessed with popcorn.  Sometimes it’s all I eat for a meal :)  It’s just sooo good. 

Anyway, I eat it almost everyday (mostly for an afternoon snack).  So we thought it’d be a good idea to find a money saving way to keep me fed :)  Luke found this site that gave us the idea to pop our own popcorn instead of buying the individual bags.  Basically you put some kernels in a brown lunch bag, fold the bag over twice, microwave for 2.5 mins or so, then top with your favorite toppings.  I like the traditional butter and salt, Luke likes to mix things up and toss some Tony Chachere’s in there. 

Price savings are pretty big.  I bought the store brand of a 32 oz bag of popcorn for $1.79, which might make like 50 bags of popcorn (I don’t really know, but it seams like a lot).  Sometimes I can get regular popcorn bags for free, but if not, a 3 pack would also cost around $1.70.  So you can see that overall, this is a huge money saver!

IMG_6765

And it makes my afternoon snack that much better when little man is taking a nice little nap :)

IMG_6766

No comments: