Thursday, December 1, 2011

Advent Calendar

This year I decided to make a cute little Advent Calendar made out of a 24 mini muffin pan.  I used my Silhouette to cut out the squares and numbers:

Advent Calendar

Here are the “activites” we have planned:

  • Decorate the tree
  • Go to the Trail of Lights
  • Open your special ornament and put it on the tree
  • Choose a special treat
  • Make a craft with Mommy
  • Have breakfast for dinner
  • Wear new jammies to bed
  • Read the story about the birth of Jesus
  • Make popcorn and watch a Christmas movie
  • Drive around to see Christmas lights
  • Happy Birthday Calvin!
  • Sing Christmas Carols
  • Wrap Christmas gifts
  • Visit Santa Claus
  • Decorate cookies
  • Make a Christmas decoration
  • Enjoy homemade hot chocolate
  • Color a Christmas picture
  • Calvin’s Car Party!
  • Build a fort and have lunch in it
  • Read a Christmas book
  • Got out for lunch/dinner

Then I just put Hershey Kisses in 2 of the spots.  And the activities are in no particular order. 

Here’s another little craft I made today:

JOY Letters

I bought the letters from Hob Lob (or Rob Lowe, eh Lala?), covered them with scrapbook paper and double-sided tape, then embellished with ribbon, buttons and snowflakes. 

4 comments:

Trix said...

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!!

Laura said...

hahaha like the shout out :)

Laura said...

this is really cute btw

Sara said...

I love this!!! We had a pajama dance party for Advent tonight :-P. I'm not so together this year, so am making up ideas as we go and appreciate your help!! I'm definitely stealing some of your ideas.