Sunday, November 1, 2009

Hot Chocolate Recipe

I don’t know if any of you enjoy some Starbucks Hot Chocolate during the cold days, well I decided to look for a copycat recipe since I’m a Money Saving Mom and all, and I think this one’s pretty good :)starbucks-02 Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tbsp cocoa
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • whipped cream (optional)
  • chocolate shavings (optional)

Directions:

  • Mix water, cocoa, and sugar in a glass measuring cup.  Stir well.
  • Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes to make chocolate syrup, watch closely so chocolate doesn’t overflow.
  • Stir in milk and vanilla and microwave until warm.
  • Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

This looks like a fab recipe! Don't forget to post the White Queso or whatever it's called.

evs said...

I'm totally trying this. Right now. If only I had chocolate shavings on hand...