Sunday, November 8, 2009

8 Months!

That’s right, I’m officially 8 months pregnant now, less than 5 weeks (and almost 30 days) to go…crazy.  The craziest thing is that my waist now measures 37”….AHHH!!  Luke likes to tell me I’m fatter than him now :) 

My dad let me take back their Digital SLR camera from the TX trip for fun baby & preggo pics.  Luke was being a cute little professional yesterday afternoon taking these shots :)  We went to our church for the first few, then to a random pier we came across on William & Mary’s campus for the last ones.Stephanie Calvin 8 Months 005Stephanie Calvin 8 Months 022 Stephanie Calvin 8 Months 025 Stephanie Calvin 8 Months 038Stephanie Calvin 8 Months 068 Stephanie Calvin 8 Months 108 Stephanie Calvin 8 Months 142

Baby boy is still growing (and getting stronger I might add, we don’t want a whimpy boy!).  While I was in TX I noticed that he started hiccupping where I can feel it, and now he does it probably everyday.  It’s a funny feeling, like a bunch of little jabs every couple of seconds.  Sometimes he keeps me up at night, but at least I can get some HP7 reading done then :)

I went to our “Infant Care” class on Thursday where we watched a very detailed video of all things baby, from how to give him a sponge bath to what the poop should look like, haha kind of gross but helpful I thought!  Luke couldn’t go with me b/c he was in Maryland for a work trip, but don’t worry, he has “Rookie Dads” class this Thursday where I’m sure he’ll be learning a lot!

According to www.parents.com, baby boy is 20-20.5” long, 5.5 lbs, and is about the size of a throw pillow….and at 37 weeks (less than 2 weeks away) he’ll be considered full term, and I don’t start childbirth classes until next Monday!!

Well that’s a quick update on mommy & baby…I might try to post weekly belly shots until the big day!  Oh and this Saturday is our church baby shower, so I’ll post baby room pics after that :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love the one of you kicking your feet in the water off the pier. You look fabulous!

Katherine

Sara said...

Beautiful!!! These are great! I can't believe how close you are. Yay!

Trix said...

Most Beautiful Preggo Mother in the whole world!!!!

Trix said...

Gotta get Luker 2 to be at least 8 pounds so all those adorable Christmas outfits will fit! "EAT MOR CHIKIN" to make him bigger!!!