Friday, October 2, 2009

Consignment Shopping

So the best way to shop for kids is definitely hitting up the consignment sales.  Liz and I went to one at King of Glory Lutheran Church today.  They have it twice a year and it is FULLY stocked!  I was pretty overwhelmed :)  I didn’t really know what I was looking for, but I found some great deals on books!  Liz was shooting for a jogging stroller, but no such luck…maybe in March.  I was hoping for some steals on maternity clothes too, but it seemed like most of the options were from 1995 and size XL (over priced too I thought).

But here we are with what we did find.IMG_1681 Isn’t Sam the little poser!  And if you look close, he put his hand on my belly right before the camera took the picture.  OMG, so cute!!  He’s always smiling at me, so I think he knows I’m carrying a soon-to-be friend :)

I realized that you can’t really tell what books I got, so here’s the list:

  • Jack and the Beanstalk
  • God Made
  • Touch and Feel Farm
  • Dr. Seuss’s Mr. Brown can Moo!  Can You?
  • Dr. Seuss’s The Shape of Me and Other Stuff
  • Dr. Seuss’s Ten Apples Up on Top!
  • Sandra Boynton’s Horns to Toes and in Between
  • Sandra Boynton’s Moo, Baa, La La La!
  • Sandra Boynton’s Barnyard Dance!
  • Sandra Boynton’s A to Z

And I got some mommy reads too:

  • Baby Bargains
  • The Girlfriend’s Guide to Pregnancy
  • What to Expect the First Year

1 comment:

Trix said...

Consignment stores are a great place to get good deals for baby things!!! Several close to me so I need to check them out to see what else I need to get for little Luker 2!