Sunday, August 16, 2009

Overall Dallas Trip

Ok so you might be wondering what all we did in Dallas especially if I was there for 10 days and the shower was only half a Saturday. Well I flew in Thurs. July 30 and got there just in time to go to bed. Friday, Patti & I headed to water aerobics :) It was a pretty good work out, not too hard for baby. After that we made the fruit creation for the baby shower and headed to Papasitos to meet all my family that came into town for the shower.

Saturday morning we had the shower, then I headed to Sachse with my family to spend the night at Kendra & Jason's house. And of course, what's an Edgar family event without a morning spent trying to solve the world's problems?
Monday, Patti & I had water aerobics again then we headed to the stores :) The baby boy selection isn't as abundant as the baby girl's but they still seemed to have some deals we couldn't pass up! Tuesday we stayed home and organized the room I was staying in. Wednesday, we had aerobics and did some more shopping. Thursday, we went grocery shopping, then my mom & aunt picked me up for dinner at none other than Cheddars :) And that night Luke flew in town! Friday, Luke and I organized the office and that night we had a get together with old friends while grilling some meat kabobs (which were very tasty). Saturday, we went out on the boat to water ski and wakeboard (I just watched until it was time to swim), but Luke wasn't feeling great so we headed in early.
That night we ate at Chuys (one of our Austin Mexican restaurants that made it to Arlington) and bowled with friends.
Then Sunday we headed over to Luke's grandparents house for a birthday lunch.
And Sunday night we ate at Anamia's and took a walk in the park. Here's Luke and Jacob having a heart to heart.
There were a ton of ducks all over the pond area of the park. Here's a mommy duck following her babies around as they nibbled on the grass. It was so cute, they were just like people (except for the eating grass part) but the way the mom just watch her kids to make sure they were safe. It was really precious! Then we woke up early Monday morning to fly back to Virginia. We checked 2 bags of purely baby stuff and barely caught the 8:40 flight :) But we got back safe and sound. It was a really nice trip and we had a lot of fun!

1 comment:

trix said...

Sounds like that trip to Dallas was so great and you got a lot of awesome baby things!! Baby luker 2 is going to be so very blessed to be part of such wonderful families!!!