Thursday, November 13, 2008

The best Sci-Fi film of all time

So Tuesday night Luke and I had the privilege of seeing "one of the greatest films ever made" "a simply excellent film" "the best Sci-Fi movie ever"....Harrison Ford in Blade Runner. Our lives are now complete according to the raving reviews on imdb, who gives it an 8.3/10. I guess we should've read the reviews of the people who have minds saying it was "boring" and "a waste of time."

For those of you who don't know, a blade runner is a specialty cop whose job is to kill replicants which are genetically engineered people made to colonize other planets. Four of these replicants came back to earth because they figured out they have fixed lifespans and want to live longer, so they come to have a talking with their maker (however, they are dangerous). Sounds like a good film huh? It got us intrigued. HOWEVER, it is probably the slowest movie I have ever seen. After the first 5 minutes, I was almost falling asleep and asked Luke if he was liking it (he said he thought it was a little boring). We thought we'd give it some time to see when the "action" was going to start, but it never did. Sure there were little action sequences here and there, but majorly boring. Maybe I just don't appreciate good films or whatever, but this is probably the worst movie I have ever seen.

I just can't believe that it got an 8.3/10 when some of my favorite movies like The Count of Monte Cristo, Narnia, Harry Potter, and Enchanted only got 7-something/10. I just don't get it.

2 comments:

Stokes said...

Guess I'm one of those losers who loved this movie. It's definitely a thinking movie, not an edge-of-your-seat action movie.

When they're old enough I'll probably make my kids watch it, telling them what a classic this movie is, and they'll probably say the same thing as you.

The Joiners said...

I left you an award on my blog :)